Today my contractions have been pretty steady. A few shots to slow them down, but they are still coming. My stomach muscles ache from the constant contracting. I am happy to report that the contractions themselves are not painful and as of yet are not causing any problems that would seem to put me into labor. The sudden onset of all of these contractions could be caused by a sudden growth spurt in the babies, so it is possible in a few days my body will adjust and go back to the 3-4 an hour I am used to having.
The Doctors agree that it would not be good for me to continue to contract so much, so on Thursday I will be hooked up to a Terb Pump. It will give me a constant dose of terbutaline (much smaller than the shot), and will be set to have bump ups in injections at times when I usually contract more. The devise is the size of a pager and similar to what diabetics wear for insulin injections. I am happy with this solution, very glad it is not Magnesium Sulfate.
My girls are missing mom more and more please say an extra prayer for security and comfort for them.
"Keep The Faith"
No comments:
Post a Comment