On September 5, 2008 I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies Samantha, Bridgette, Theodore "Teddy" and Madeline. Nine days later on September 14, 2008 Madeline was called to Heaven. So begins my journey of raising my Quadruplets as Triplets. They will always be my Quads!!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Sisters Meet The Babies!!





Today we decided it was time for Alexis and Olivia to meet the babies. They were both very excited. The nurses lowered the isolates so the girls could peek in at the babies. It was so sweet to see Olivia standing on her tiptoes to get a peek and saying Baby. Alexis sang her own version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to each baby as well as a song she made up for each on the spot, which included the babies’ name. Olivia is apparently very excited to have a brother when she saw Teddy she shouted out “My Teddy” and “I Love You”. Alexis of course included the I love you to each baby in their own song.



There nurses told me that we can bring our own soft flannel receiving blankets in to have them put in the isolates with the babies, they get some from volunteers but do not have many. So we can bring our own and they will bag them up so I can bring them home to wash. So I will be getting a bunch of those when I get home to bring in for the babies. J



Bridgette – Is doing very well today. She actually was kept on the CPAP machine. And is being given caffeine in her IV to help stimulate her breathing; this is very common to be given to preemies. They are doing some test to see if she will be ready to get nourishment through a feeding tube that would go in her nose to her tummy. She is on photo therapy (Billie Ruben Lights) for jaundice.



Teddy – is doing excellent today, his breathing is going much easier. He is still on the ventilator but may move to the CPAP within the next day or two. He also is undergoing photo therapy for jaundice, and may be able to start getting nourishment through a nasal feeding tube. He is still a “Chunky Monkey” and looks very much like Daddy.


Samantha– Is the All-Star of the babies. She is still doing excellent on the CPAP, she was able to start getting nourishment through a feeding tube today. She is thriving. She is also on the photo therapy for jaundice. Also she had a bowel movement this evening, the first of the babies to have one. This is a good thing as the bowel movements help to get the cause of jaundice out of their system.



Madeline – Is doing awesome she has also been moved to a CPAP machine. The nurses say she is a spunky little fighter. She is doing well with her breathing, and may start getting nourishment through nasal feedings as soon as tomorrow. She has been on photo therapy since yesterday for jaundice.



As For Me – I am very sore from the surgery and having a hard time getting around. Part of my tough time with walking has to do with being on 8 weeks of bed rest prior to surgery. My body is very weak, and my incision hurts when I move. I had all of my IV’s removed yesterday morning, and am on oral pain meds, they are not as strong as the IV meds but I did not want the IV in any longer. I will most likely be going home Tuesday or Wednesday, but may have to stay a bit longer, with being on bed rest a total of 8 weeks they may want to keep me in longer.



Thank-You to everyone for letting me have time to heal, I will be ready for phone calls when I get home this week. I’ve been having a lot of emotions since the babies’ arrival. Struggling with pumping milk for them, I have yet to get any, but I guess this is normal when you have preemies and a C-Section. So I try every couple of hours to pump. I see the babies whenever I can, and try to rest, and also pray and cry. It is nice to have this time alone to heal and get to know my babies.



As far as visitors go, we will only be allowing family and our Pastors in to see the babies while they are in the NICU.


I am very excited to start sharing pictures of the babies, however we did not have the cable to hook the camera to the computer again today. I promise there will be pictures very soon.


Thank-​You all for your understandi​ng and for your prayers.


“Keep The Faith”





No comments:

Post a Comment