Bridgette - She is absolutely beautiful, has dark hair, the skin tone of Olivia and looks alot like her big sister Olivia. She has her own room. She seems to have an easy going personality at least what I saw of her today. I was able to reach my hands into her isolette and touch her, she seemed to recognize moms voice and tried to open her eyes and look at me. She started the day out doing very well. She was the first to come off the ventilator and be put on a CPAP machine for breathing, this is a good thing. When I came back for night time visit, she had an episode and stopped breathing completely. I was terrified to learn each baby could have several hundred of these before coming home. It looks like Bridgette will be put back on the ventlator sometime tonight.

Teddy - Our big boy is adorable, he also has dark hair, his skin looks to be darker like Daddy. he looks alot like Bridgette and Olvia. His personality is the same as it was inside, he moves all over the place. He shares a room with Maddie. I was able to reach inside his isolette and touch him, he also recognized Moms voice. Teddy is on a ventilator and is really struggling with the breathing, it was hard to watch him struggle so much, I knew boys have a harder time in the NICU, and have watched stories showing babies on TV, but it is really hard to watch my own baby struggle so much.
Samantha - What a energetic little girl. She was always moving around and kicking Teddy inside, and she still moving around tons. She has dark hair, skintone is more on the fair side, she looks like a mix of Alexis and Olivia. This morning she was quite relaxed and actually layed so sweetly while I touched her head, hands and feet. This evening when I went to see her she graduated from a Ventalator to a CPAP machine for breathing and has been doing quite well. I was able to hold her for over a half an hour, I held in in a position called Kangaroo style. I put her directly on my skin, and she was so relaxed. She was very upset to have to go back into her isolette. I could have held her all night. She is also in her own room.

Madeline - What a fiesty little thing. She is the only one of the 4 to have blond hair, she is a skinny little thing and really looks alot like Alexis.She shares a room with Teddy. Maddie is on a ventilator for breathing. Apparently she lets her nurses know when they are bothering her. She has lost quite a bit of weight, which they say is normal, usually the babies start gaining weight around 1 week old. She has looked content every time I see her and I have touched her head and hands. It just scares me to see how much she has lost in weight.

Other things: I told each of the babies "Mommie is sorry you were born so early, I tried to keep you in me longer. I am sorry you have to struggle so much. You are a Riepe, a fighter you can do it and be just fine. I love you"
The babies will go through many ups and downs and things can change for them in a matter of minutes. All are hooked up to several IV's and other things.
Please pray that this part of their journey has few struggles and that they will come home with Mom and Dad healthy and soon.
"Keep The Faith"

Teddy - Our big boy is adorable, he also has dark hair, his skin looks to be darker like Daddy. he looks alot like Bridgette and Olvia. His personality is the same as it was inside, he moves all over the place. He shares a room with Maddie. I was able to reach inside his isolette and touch him, he also recognized Moms voice. Teddy is on a ventilator and is really struggling with the breathing, it was hard to watch him struggle so much, I knew boys have a harder time in the NICU, and have watched stories showing babies on TV, but it is really hard to watch my own baby struggle so much.

Samantha - What a energetic little girl. She was always moving around and kicking Teddy inside, and she still moving around tons. She has dark hair, skintone is more on the fair side, she looks like a mix of Alexis and Olivia. This morning she was quite relaxed and actually layed so sweetly while I touched her head, hands and feet. This evening when I went to see her she graduated from a Ventalator to a CPAP machine for breathing and has been doing quite well. I was able to hold her for over a half an hour, I held in in a position called Kangaroo style. I put her directly on my skin, and she was so relaxed. She was very upset to have to go back into her isolette. I could have held her all night. She is also in her own room.

Madeline - What a fiesty little thing. She is the only one of the 4 to have blond hair, she is a skinny little thing and really looks alot like Alexis.She shares a room with Teddy. Maddie is on a ventilator for breathing. Apparently she lets her nurses know when they are bothering her. She has lost quite a bit of weight, which they say is normal, usually the babies start gaining weight around 1 week old. She has looked content every time I see her and I have touched her head and hands. It just scares me to see how much she has lost in weight.

Other things: I told each of the babies "Mommie is sorry you were born so early, I tried to keep you in me longer. I am sorry you have to struggle so much. You are a Riepe, a fighter you can do it and be just fine. I love you"
The babies will go through many ups and downs and things can change for them in a matter of minutes. All are hooked up to several IV's and other things.
Please pray that this part of their journey has few struggles and that they will come home with Mom and Dad healthy and soon.
"Keep The Faith"
No comments:
Post a Comment