On September 5, 2008 I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies Samantha, Bridgette, Theodore "Teddy" and Madeline. Nine days later on September 14, 2008 Madeline was called to Heaven. So begins my journey of raising my Quadruplets as Triplets. They will always be my Quads!!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Only 11 days to go to reach the Doctors Goal!!!

What a couple of days I have had!! The doctors told me 4 weeks ago that in 3 weeks I would probably fail the glucose test and have developed Gestational Diebetes. This is very common in higher order multiples (triplets or more) due to the pancrease not being able to produce enough insulin for all of the placentas. So I had to fast starting at 6PM last night, at 5AM this morning they drew my fasting blood count, then I had to drink a good sized bottle of what tasted like drinking the syrup of a lemon lime soda. Then every hour for 3 hours they drew blood. I finally ate at about 9:15, believe me I was hungry. I am happy to report that I passed the glucose test!!! Just barely but passed and will most likely not have to do it again!! YAY!!

I've been doing good with keeping the harder medicines for contraction​s away, however the past couple of days I have been having quite a few and having several Terbutaline shots to stop them. One Doctor threatened with Magnesium Sulfate yesterday, then another suggested doubling my dose of oral meds I take to keep them at bay. It seemed to help yesterday, but tonight the contraction​s are back. So I think I may end up on the bigger meds sooner rather than later.It's okay though, there are people who are on them for quite a while and I still am doing better than some and doing really well for carrying Quads. I am very close to my next goal of 28 weeks, the Doctor said today at 28 weeks I have done 99% of the work and every day after that is a bonus!! I can make it and go farther!!

I had wonderful surprise visitors yesterday. One of my very best friends Debbie her hubby and kids came to see me. They brought a wonderful care package of gifts from the Forest Lake MOMS club!! Lots of items to keep my girls busy when they visit and some special things just for me!! THANK-YOU!!!​
I got to see my hubby and girls 3 days in a row and the girls enjoyed the items from my care package today. We had a reall great visit!!

Plea​se give my body the strength to carry these babies to a healthy stage so that thier struggles will be small.

"Keep The Faith"

No comments:

Post a Comment