On September 5, 2008 I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies Samantha, Bridgette, Theodore "Teddy" and Madeline. Nine days later on September 14, 2008 Madeline was called to Heaven. So begins my journey of raising my Quadruplets as Triplets. They will always be my Quads!!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

5 Days Old!!

I was released from the hospital yesterday. And then spent the evening with Olivia attached to me. The girls were very excited to have Mom home. I was very excited to be home, but also sad to leave without my babies. A quick update on the babies!!

Samantha - She continues to have good progress everyday. She is completely off any breathing assistance, she is still undergoing photo-thera​py. Samantha is still receiving feedings through a feeding tube, I am happy to report she is getting Moms' milk!! :)

Bridgette - Thankfully the prayers and medicine has helped and it looks like no heart surgery is needed. Bridgette continues to be the one with the most problems, they found her to have hypertensio​n in her lungs. The nurse said most babies with this are very sick, and she does not have that. At this point they are not too concerned and hope her lungs will continue to improve. She is off the ventilator and back on CPAP, YAY!! Bridgette will not be getting feedings for a few days yet.

Theodore - Has also responded well to the medicine and prayers and it looks like no heart surgery for him either. Teddy may be moving to CPAP tonight and could start receiving Moms' Milk through a feeding tube as early as tomorrow.

Maddie - Still the spunky little fighter, she is back on the gaining weight side, she had gotten down to 1lb 6oz, she is at 1lb 10oz today. Maddie is working hard to catch up to Samantha. She has been receiving feedings since yesterday of Moms' milk. She is on nasal breathing assistance, a step up from CPAP!! YAY!!

As For Me - I am happy to say I have finally been able to hold all of the babies!! I am still very sore and tired, but so pleased with the babies' progress. I am happy to report since yesterday I have been able to supply milk for the babies!! YAY!! It has been busy here with the girls at home and babies at the hospital, so I probably will not update everyday anymore, but will do it as often as possible. I will get new pictures posted in the next few days.

Thank-You for the prayers, please continue praying for the babies to have continued progress.

"Keep The Faith"

No comments:

Post a Comment