On September 5, 2008 I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies Samantha, Bridgette, Theodore "Teddy" and Madeline. Nine days later on September 14, 2008 Madeline was called to Heaven. So begins my journey of raising my Quadruplets as Triplets. They will always be my Quads!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Special note on my little man!!


Teddy passed the 4 pound mark today!! He is officially 4 pounds 1 ounce. He is getting big!! YAY TEDDY!! He had an eye exam and eyes are immature, normal for this age. so that was good they will recheck in 2 weeks. They are not going to be trying bottles on him again for a few days. Apparently he can not remember to breathe while sucking and swallowing with the bottle. (Men and Multi-taski​ng) hehe :)

Bridg​ette - Still 3lbs 14 oz. She has the nasal canulas in but is getting very little assistance. Her eye exam showed minor vessal swelling possible begining stages of ROP. She will be re examined in 1 week. If ROP develops she will get lasar surgery before coming home. ROP is something with the retina pulling away preemies are at high risk for developing this.

Sa​mantha - Took 2 bottle feeding in a row this morning!! Way to go!! Still weighs 4 pounds 15 ounces!! Her exam was immature, but very close to being mature. Excellent news she will be re examined in 2 weeks.

A​s For Me - Another great day got to hold the trio again. There is a great picture of Samantha & Teddy holding hands and Bridgette in the middle.

Grandpa - Is doing good today. I was told he ate breakfast at the table today and that he is carrying on conversatio​ns. I am so hoping he will be here next summer to meet the trio.

Th​e power of prayer is amazing, I think about Maddie's last day. I stayed at the hospital over night, in Samantha's room, when I woke up I looked down the hall and seen the team of people. I hid behind the curtain in Samantha's room and began a prayer of sorts, more like begging over and over I said "Please don't take my baby" . As time passed, that morning, I changed to more of a prayer and said "God please if she is not going to make it, please don't let her suffer, please take her quickly" God answered my prayer, I parented her physical little body one last time and we let her go quickly. We had her Baptsed by the hospital chaplain, Daddy held her, and when she got into my arms skin to skin with me we had the life support removed right away so she could go home quickly. When they said they could give her a transfusion and we could keep her a few more hours, we said "no" this was our last thing to do for her as parents to end her suffering and let her go quickly.

​Maddie had 8 great days 1 really bad day and now an eternity of good days. The next time I see her, in 90 years, I get to hold her forever.

​God is so very good.

"K​eep The Faith"

No comments:

Post a Comment