The babies had their first NICU follow up clinic. They test them to see where they are with their abilities. The hope is that they will eventually catch up to their actual age. They will do this study a few times over the next 4 1/2 years the next test will be at thier "Adjusted"age of 12 months (December actual age will be 15 months). So here are the results in birth order of course!!
Remember they are actually 9.5 months old they are expected to do things a 6.5 month old does.
Remember they are actually 9.5 months old they are expected to do things a 6.5 month old does.
Samantha
Samantha: Cognitive - Age Equvilance 8 Months
Motor - Gross - 7 months
Motor - Fine - 10 months
Language - Expressive - 7 months
Language - Receptive - 6 months
Bridgette
Bridgette: Cognitive - Age Equvilance 9 Months
Motor - Gross - 8 months
Motor - Fine - 7 months
Language - Expressive - 6 months
Language - Receptive - 6 months
Bridgette normally chats alot and just would not talk during the test so she would have been higher on the language if she would have talked.
Teddy
Teddy: Cognitive - Age Equvilance 11 Months
Motor - Gross - 6 months
Motor - Fine - 10 months
Language - Expressive - 7 months
Language - Receptive - 9 months
Needless to say they did amazingly well. As you can see some things they already hit and surpassed thier actual age!! Way to go babies!!!
We went to visit the NICU nurses, my nurses that took care of me and to say hi to one of the doctors that delivered the babies. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. I have 3 beautiful babies thanks to all of the care they gave us!! THANK-YOU!!!
On a side not I forgot to mention what Olivia had to say at Grammy Jan & Papa Buds house. She was playing with a doll that they had and named it Maddie (The girls name many dolls Maddie). Papa Bud said "Is this Maddie??" Olivia said "Yes I got her from Heaven".
And in case I forgot when the babies came home from the hospital 7 months ago Alexis said "When I grow up and have a baby I am going to name her Madeline Jean and give her to you".
Life is truly good
No comments:
Post a Comment