On September 5, 2008 I gave birth to 4 beautiful babies Samantha, Bridgette, Theodore "Teddy" and Madeline. Nine days later on September 14, 2008 Madeline was called to Heaven. So begins my journey of raising my Quadruplets as Triplets. They will always be my Quads!!

Friday, August 6, 2010

The first ride on the new Bike

So I got my brand new bike yesterday, and since Alexis wanted Daddy to go with her to soccer, I decided on a test ride with the kids. Keep in mind that I have not been on any kind of bike in almost 3 years.


The kids were pretty excited to get into Moms new bike. And to go off on a bike ride. I was just going to ride a quarter of a mile up our dirt road to the stop sign and back. But once we got to the stop sign Olivia said "lets keep going!!" They were all having fun, and I was surprised at the ease of the bike on the dirt road.


So we road on and got onto the paved path about a third of a mile from our house. WOW the paved path was even easier. I thought am I really riding with an extra 100 plus pounds of kids?? Not to mention the extra 30 I could stand to lose. Not only was riding it very easy, but there was another bonus, I can see the kids and I carried on a conversation with Olivia, my almost 4 year old, on the way.




We turned a few heads in the cars that passed us. And then we crossed paths with another biker and the kids waved and said "hi" to the other biker too. He smiled at us.



When I talked to the owner of boxcycles, Will, he told me that it takes about a half a day of riding around to get used to it. And he also shared that he road around New York City on his boxcycle for 7 hours to deliver a boxcycle to someone. So he really means a half day, 12 hours. So here are some things I found a little hard turning made me nervous, it takes very wide turns and I needed to go slow. I decided to get off the bike and turn it, lucky for me the path is straight. Also I felt a little uneasy when the road was slanted.



Tonight I road about 2.5 miles total, so I figure to get Wills "half day" of experience it will take me about 2 weeks. So after I have broken in myself and the bike, I will give another update.



Thanks for peaking in on us!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my that is awesome!! I love it!! I saw some pics of FB but love the one's on here!
    You go girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!!!! :) Been thinking about you guys a lot lately - praying all is well!

    ReplyDelete