I am amazed just one small comment really made my day.
The kids and I went up north to spend time with my older brother and his family, at my Dad's cabin. We were going to take the 3.5 hour drive back home that night, but since I only see my brother once a year and we were having such fun, we decided to visit later and stay in a local hotel.
The next morning I awoke my usually late sleepers at 5:30AM to get ready so we could be the first people to enjoy the continental breakfast. The kids sat and ate nicely. My whispers to talk in a quiet voice were answered. And when we were done all things were cleaned up. We headed back to the room and I loaded our car up. Then we went to the front desk, I asked the kids to sit and wait for me on the couch while I checked out. Looking over my shoulder hoping they did not start running, fighting or screaming. (I was tired and not in the mood for the usual rolled eyes, stares and comments I get about my children.) As I was checking out it happened the clerk said "You have such well behaved children." As I said thank-you I caught myself thinking is he really talking to me about my crew, I looked over my shoulder the kids still sitting nicely. I told them time to go and in a nice orderly fashion they walked to the car. Smile still on my face, yep that was a good day, and I am still smiling a day later.
I nominated you...
ReplyDeletehttp://thekloppquads.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html
Hi Mary! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)
ReplyDelete